Thursday, May 30, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

Saw this one in IMAX 3D. Didn't need the 3D in my opinion but the IMAX format was awesome as always. I saw this episode with the wife and Justin and we all enjoyed it very much. Good action, great cinematics and sound, and a wonderful performance by Cumberbatch as Khan. Lots of 'winks' to prior Star Trek  movies that I found very entertaining. 

As with all reboots, or at least all those that I've seen, there is a lot more action in the new version. Sometimes it takes over and dampens the experience for veterans of the series (see James Bond). In this movie there was plenty of action, most justified and worthy. However, Spock fist fighting with Khan for several minutes seemed out of character for Spock. And I admit I still have a hard time accepting Chris Pine as Kirk. Too boyish looking, though he is a fine actor. 


There was plenty of action, tension, excitement and humor in this movie to push my concerns aside, and so I really did enjoy this one. Production values are awesome throughout and J.J. does not disappoint. Highly recommended. 

Whither next, Star Trek?

No comments:

Post a Comment