Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A night at the movies

Well, I'm back. It's been quite a while since I've posted; many things, good and bad, have come and gone since my last post, but we will let them rest where they lie. For now, a movie review.

My latest cinematic foray was motivated entirely by the fact that I was going to see the movie free of charge. In fact, that's the only way I would have agreed to see it in a theater. The movie in question:A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) Poster         

As I've said, I only went to see this because it would be free. Good thing. The only part of this movie that has ANYTHING to do with the Die Hard franchise is the title. It didn't feel like Die Hard, it certainly didn't look like Die Hard, and Bruce looked bored throughout the movie. The dialogue was weak, the interaction between John McClane and his son Jack is contrived and predictable. Of course, John wins out against the bad guys in the end, as expected, but the "family reunion" scene at the close of the film is just pathetic. As far as I am concerned, Mr. Willis owes me a refund, even though I didn't pay to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment